|Carnival of Space #491|
Welcome to Links Through Space. Astronomy for Everyone.
This is the blog of our Astronomy Club Toutatis, Kustavi, Finland.
We write/post news about space related topics and
we showcase our astrophotos and timelapses.
So here we have it, Ladies and Gentlemen!
The Carnival of Space #491 @ Links Through Space.
|101 Astronomical Events for 2017 by David A Dickinson.|
Free book, Getit now.
1. SpaceX Finds Failure Cause, Announces Sunday Jan. 8 as Target for Falcon 9 Flight Resumption. Read the whole story HERE.
First off, we visit Universe Today (http://www.universetoday.com/) with 4 amazing articles.
2. Start the Year With Spark: See the Quadrantid Meteor Shower. Read the details HERE.
3. Our Free Book: 101 Astronomical Events in 2017. A must for all interested in stargazing. Get it HERE.
4. NASA’s Favorite Photos of 2016. All the photos are to be seen HERE.
|Bengaluru's Team Indus Launches Competition for Space Enthusiasts ... - ndtv.com|
Next off to Blasting News (http://www.blastingnews.com/) with news on space.1. American scientist warns of Chinese missions to the moon. Have a read HERE.
2. NASA chooses two new Discovery class missions to explore asteroids. Immerse your selves in the story HERE.
3. Bridenstine will not scrap the Space Launch System and Orion to return to the moon. The whole story HERE.
4. In 'Hidden Figures' the struggle for civil rights meets the race to the moon. Continue reading HERE.
5. Will 2017 be the year the private sector lands on the moon? Find out HERE.
6. Students compete to fly experiments to fly experiments on Team Indus' moon mission. Read more HERE.
Next stop: The Chandra Blog (http://chandra.si.edu/). NASA's flagship mission for X-Ray astronomy.1. X-rays From the Young Monsters: Studying Supermassive Black Holes in the Early Universe. Feast yourself on this one HERE.
2. The Discovery of Particle Re-acceleration in a Galaxy Cluster Collision. Read more on this post HERE.
|High-resolution view of Charon from New Horizons. Photo Credit: NASA/JHUAPL/SwRI/Daniel Macháček|
On to a thrill ride at Planetaria (http://planetaria.ca), exploring alien worlds.
1. Ancient water world: Tectonics on Pluto’s moon Charon point to frozen subsurface ocean.
|The stone-ship Ales Stenar resting monumentally on the flat surface|
of a moraine ridge in Southern Sweden.
Credit: S. Lamoureux KTY Toutatis, Kustavi, Finland.
Last place to stop by before leaving he Carnival of Space #491 is here at LINKS THROUGH SPACE with a visit to a prehistoric Solar calendar.
1. Ales Stenar Megalithic Site in Southern Sweden, Stonehenge Little Sister. Had to See it With My Own Eyes. Have a look at the pictures and read the post HERE.
So here you have it!
All the thrills and excitements of the Astronomy/Space community this week.
The Carnival of Space #491
If you run a space/astronomy related blog and would like to get more awareness, participate in the Carnival of Space. Every week a different webmaster or blogger hosts the Carnival, showcasing articles written on the topic of space. It's a great way to get to know the community and to help your writing reach a wider audience. If you'd like to be a host for the Carnival or be part of the Carnival, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carnival of Space logo photo credits: Jason Major.